Friday, September 14, 2007

My interest in Yoga started in about 1986

I was very fortunate to accidentally attend a yoga class when expecting to start a stress management course.It was one of the most significant days of my life,but I didn't know it at the time.Cheryl,the teacher became my mentor and after 10 years or so she sponsored me into the InternationalYogaTeachersAssoc.teacher training course.I hadn't studied since 1971 so it was a bit of a learning curve at first.While studying I was fortunate to be able to teach every week under Cheryl's supervision,and she was very particular about my teaching,correcting me if I gave wrong or misleading instruction.I owe her a great debt!
A post graduate course in Yoga and Back care soon followed.
I have been teaching ever since and enjoy every class.